Boring

Boring.

That is how life as a Simple Fly can be sometimes.  Even with my life in line with my dreams, not every moment is glitter and sparkles.

But, having moments of achievement (like publishing my three books, doing radio interviews and book signings, and hosting presentations and focus groups) really help me get through when the landscape around me is stark and somewhat barren.  I don't rest on my laurels, but I remember them.

It helps me focus again on the path ahead.  I know, in the barren terrain, that oases lay waiting just beyond view.  It helps me press forward to write the next page, practice the powerpoint presentation again, and keep working.

The starkness will give way to more pleasant scenery eventually.  There will be more moments of triumph ahead.  I will look back then and think of what I went through, and be grateful for it.

My life is not my dream life because I have attained perfection or even my dream.  My life is my dream life because I am in the process of living and attempting my dreams.    It is the struggle - the process - which is the treasure.  The act of trying is actually the accomplishment.


Comments

  1. You put that into words that make a lot of sense! Keep up the great messages, Amity!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts