Diamonds

Diamonds are everywhere; you just need to know where to look.

Once, long ago, I was walking on a snowy night in Missouri.  I was coming back to my college dorm from work in the quiet and still night.  My breath was visible in the freezing air as I snuggled deeper into my coat while I trudged through the white depths of fallen snow.

As I rounded the corner to start entering the college park, a street light lit the path ahead.  The snow covered walkway glittered like diamonds.  Thousands upon tens of thousands points of light welcomed me home.

That was the first time I felt like a princess.  In the dark, with all that brilliance surrounding me.  I soaked it into my soul and was overwhelmed by the richness of the moment.

There is holy in the common.  Simple gifts are the best gifts that God provides.  I didn't need a two carat ring - I had opulence in that moment.

Diamonds are everywhere.  Just look.

Comments

  1. Ooh...!!! Beautiful story!!
    Beautiful meaning!! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts