Onwards and Upwards

When faced with a challenge, what do you say to yourself?  This is very important, so listen in today.

If you are one to say, "I can't." You will always be right.  If it seems too hard for you to start, you won't.  You can quit something even before you begin.

I was this way in my 20's and early 30's.  I didn't like being out of my comfort zone.  I thought the struggle was real...WAY too real.  I passed on many opportunities and friendships.

There was a turning point for me, however.  I stopped saying "I can't," and, instead, asked, "How can I?"  This was a huge transforming power unleashed in my life.

It made the challenge and success a possibility, instead of an improbability.  I started taking chances and became less afraid of failure.

So, what has this done for me?

I believed it was possible to live a minimalist lifestyle, and I have been for nine years in varying degrees of moderation.  I enjoy more time, more money, and less stress because I have dealt with my shopping addiction and clutter.

I am now a business owner - a dream I had in my 20's.  I can tell you that I am much more terrified of having regrets at the end of my life than if I try this business idea and come up with failure.

I have several quality friendships in my life.  I am usually doing social things multiple times per week.  Reaching out to someone for coffee?  No problem.  Saying the initial, "want to go get lunch sometime?" No problem.

This "how can I?" has affected me in my paycheck job as well.  I never gave up on conquering the issues at work that I struggled with in the past, and I have mastered most of them.  Some things took years, but I was encouraged and stuck with the effort of trying to improve.  It paid off hugely.

I am more confident overall.  I see problems as projects.  I greet my life with a spirit of experimentation.  The journey has been wonderful.

Maintain positivity in your life.   Look at problems as projects, and move...onwards and upwards.


Comments

Popular Posts