Showing More than the Money

I am going to get personal today.  I am going to talk about money, and my struggle to relate to it properly.

I grew up believing that rich people were evil and money was usually got by being crooked.  In my 20's, I felt guilty when I had some extra.  In my 30's I began to change and accept that amassing money might be a good idea, and so I began with my hubby to start saving for retirement (which we hoped would come sooner than later).

I realize that money in and of itself is not evil.  It is the love of money that causes such issues for people, and the greed that goes with it is such a destroyer.  How can I beat the enemy of greed in my own heart?

I don't know how that answer looks practically in word and in deed today, but I am praying and seeking.  I want to live with a right relationship to money.  I don't want greed to rule in my life.

Folks, I want everything (EVERYTHING) in my life to fall under the lordship of Jesus Christ.  I want to submit to him in all areas of my life, and leave nothing without his seal of approval.  This includes my finances, and my business.

Today, I am asking you, if you are a child of the Most High God, to pray with me and for me.  I am wanting my business to emulate and operate by the principles of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ.  I want my business to be dead to the world and alive to God, like I am through the power of Christ's death, burial, and resurrection.

Thank you for reading and considering.  I covet your prayers during this time of re-calibration.

Best,
Amity

Comments

  1. Awesome message! I totally understand your concerns. Am praying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan! I appreciate your support and prayers!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts