Benefits of being a Minimalist in COVID-19

You may wonder how someone who habitually lives with less is doing with the changes in supplies and availability of items during this terrible pandemic.  The answer today is: great!

By the grace of God, I have had everything I have needed.  My minimalism never expressed itself with bare cupboards and a single roll of toilet paper.  I have consistently remained well-stocked in my house through the years of intentional reduction.

My philosophy is not to be underprepared.  My expression of minimalism is not that I am not prepared for what may come in life.  It is to be adequately prepared, without excess.  I have maintained that outlook and practice, and my household is not suffering at the moment.

It has been enjoyable to share with others during this crisis and to think "outside the box."  When I couldn't get toilet paper, I got paper towels.  My approach to shopping is to go to stores that have slightly higher prices and therefore (typically) better inventory.  (The people buying excessively will fare better in the wallet at discount grocery stores and supply places.)  As a result, I have been able to purchase my entire list every time I have needed to shop!

Minimalism and simplicity have given me another huge benefit: I am not miserable and bored.  I have taken pleasure in small delights for years.  I have not been a big movie-goer or restaurant frequenter in years.  My quality of life has not changed during COVID-19.  I am very happy and enjoying a glorious spring.  (See pictures from my neighborhood below.)






Life is still full of beauty and wonder.  I see my provision from God for contentment and material resources fulfilled and renewed daily.  I do not lack peace or food at this time.  His promises to me are holding steady and true.

The same outlook and mindset is yours to have, if you want it.  You, too, can simplify and find peace with your possessions and circumstances.  I have written many articles, posts, and books on the topic of living better with less.  I offer the best of all my teachings under one cover to you.  Link is below to order your copy.  Start your journey towards contentment in adversity today.  Simple Fly Life:  The Manual is available in print and ebook format on Amazon.


Comments

Popular Posts