Doors

Common is the phrase "When a door shuts, another one opens."

The door definitely shut on our stability and security with the onslaught of COVID-19.  So much has changed.  We are not able to conduct our business, personal lives, or spiritual practices in the way in which we were accustomed.

I read a book years ago by Ping Fu and Mei Mei Fox called Bend, Not Break: A life in two worlds.  It was a heart wrenching autobiography.  The title always stuck with me and fascinated me,  Bend, not break.  I ponder how to live that in this time of COVID-19.

I am actively managing my expectations for what life will be like in the coming months and years.  This virus has been an instrument in humbling the economies and societies of the world. First world countries are experiencing shortages of supplies that you would expect of third world situations.  Once again, I am reminded of just how fragile we are.

I am not sure when we will return to normal, or if we will return to normal.  I am intentionally leaving space in my mind that we will not ever get back to our beloved "normal."  In that case, I want to bend, not break.

If a door shuts, you may be tempted to say to yourself, "I can't."  I want to challenge myself and you, Dear Reader, to think instead, "How can I?"  Opening yourself up to possibilities, workarounds, and alternate solutions will foster resiliency and a better chance of thriving in adverse conditions.

I would love to have more easy days ahead, but I want to be able to move ahead if God does not grant this world excess and luxury in the future.  Bend, not break.  "How can I?"

Through what I have experienced so far, I am positive, hopeful, and resourceful.  My Heavenly Father has delivered major blessings to my door through minimalism and frugality.  I am not suffering during this time.  Life is still beautiful to me.

For more information on the tools that have helped me achieve balance and joy through this time, I encourage you to order a copy of Simple Fly Life:  The Manual today.  It will change the way you look at things and may just help your life.  Would love for you to thrive with me during this troubled time.  Link to order below.


Order on Amazon

Comments

Popular Posts