Slowing Down

When COVID-19 reared up it's ugly head, so many facets of my life ground to a halt.  My sources of revenue dried up.  My networking opportunities went silent or virtual.  My social calendar had tumbleweeds bouncing through the deserted spaces usually taken by coffee with friends.  Life hit a brick wall for me and for many I knew personally.

It was an adjustment for sure.  And, one made in three bats of an eye.  Daily, more restrictions came into play, with the culmination being the city I live in going on lockdown until further notice.  Suddenly, I had more time at home and more time to be in my own head.  It has been a form of retreat for me physically and spiritually.

Being forced to cease and desist is not without beauty.  I am enjoying being at home.  I am using the time to do "housekeeping" on business items that I can't get to when I am gallivanting about the countryside winning allies and clients for my business.  There are longer periods of silence.  And, deeper periods of self-reflection.

Honestly, there are some aspects of the way I am living on lockdown that I don't want to go away.  My mantra now is "quality over quantity."  Lord willing, I will be careful what I let back into my life.  I enjoy the lower stress of the quiet and tranquil evenings at home with my boys (a/k/a husband and cat).   I enjoy being able to have structure in my day and continuity, which allows me to see projects to completion without bouncing from task to task.

I was geared to appreciate this by the minimalist lifestyle I adopted 10 years ago.  I eschewed the culture's notion long ago that I need to be constantly excited and entertained.  I have long known the value of being able to spend an evening at home in my robe and fuzzy socks with a warm cup of tea.  With COVID, I am appreciating it on a different scale.  It is like I have been taken out of the kiddie pool and placed in the Pacific Ocean.  I am enjoying my swim.

If you would like your escape from the lies of the culture that tell you that you must have more, more, and more to be happy, I encourage you to begin reading about the philosophy that set me free in so many ways.  Simple Fly Life:  The Manual is a great stepping stone toward understanding how to get and maintain that precious disconnect from the misinformation of our fellow beings trapped in materialism and the brainwashing of advertising and the entertainment industry.

Start your path toward freedom and order The Manual today.  Link below.







Comments

Popular Posts