The Beauty of Sustainability


We all know that living sustainably is good for the earth, but did you know it can be aesthetically pleasing also?  So many changes that I have made have been beautiful as well as functional and green.

This is a picture of my pantry.  Many items came from bulk suppliers around my city.  The stores will allow me to bring my clean jars in, fill up, and leave with exactly the amount I need of available products.  It is earth-friendly and pretty.  Win-win.

As I have retired old, plastic products, I have replaced them with wood, glass, or metal alternatives.  The result is very eye-catching, and I feel blessed to be able to use products like natural bristle wooden pot brushes, stainless steel scrubbers, wooden hair combs, glass bottles for hand soap, and more.

Let's be honest, all the loud, obnoxious packaging around our homes are eye-sores.  Plastic is rarely pretty.  Sustainable options can come with minimal labeling, which can be such a gift, and lets your mind relax a bit while looking at it.  The objects can become works of art, and your environment can take on a soothing ambiance while helping extend the life of the planet.

Switching to sustainable options is a great choice.  Even better is just to refuse to bring into your home what you do not need.  Not consuming is the best option.  Consuming only when necessary makes great sense and is a great practice.

If you are wondering what you really need, congratulations!  That is a great first step!  If you are struggling with what that looks like, a bit of philosophy from Simple Fly Life:  The Manual, can help you define for yourself what your Essential is and looks like.  It is important to know your own answer to the important question of "what do I really need?"  The Manual can help you define that for yourself.    Order your copy from Amazon today.  Link below.

Comments

Popular Posts