The Unknown

The unknown can be scary.

In my backyard there is a tree with a gaping hole in its trunk.  The space is definitely big enough for my hand to reach far into it.  You won't see me sinking my hand down into the woody abyss, though, because I don't know who lives in the recess of the tree.

I have a healthy respect for the unknown, and I bet you do, too.  Our fear of it keeps us from silly mishaps.  But, sometimes we lose out on great and breathtaking adventures because we do not travel into the darkness of not-knowing.

Recently, humanity has been plunged into an unknown.  Many people reacted with fear, and the not-knowing plunged many into the depths of anxiety, confusion, and panic.  It was scary.  It continues to produce fear in the hearts of young and old everywhere.

We all have suffered loss during this.  Loss of life.  Loss of employment.  Loss of stability.  Loss of our sense of security.  We have lost much - collectively and individually.

The unknown doesn't have to be scary.  Because of Jesus Christ and his love for me, I am not afraid to go into the night.  My heart has peace because I know him, his power and his grace - and that is security.  He has been faithful to me in the past and is being faithful to me in the present.  I trust him with my future.  I have never been ashamed of having faith in the King of Kings.

Jesus is the pearl of great price.  It takes all to gain him, yet he gives himself freely.  To become a slave of God is to find perfect freedom.  Submitting to him as Lord of your life elevates you beyond what you could ever hope or dream of without him.

He has kept me in perfect peace through this nightmarish unknown.  I see his provision for me daily.  His mercies are new every morning.  I do not fear COVID-19 or the aftermath.  Jesus is sufficient.  Jesus can be known.  Jesus is life.  I would love for you not to fear the unknown with me, because you know the risen, sovereign God that was made flesh; lived among us; died for us; and lives to redeem us and provide a hope and a future.

The unknown is not so scary when Jesus is known.  Search for him with all your heart and you will be found of him.


Comments

Popular Posts