Breaking Point

It's that moment at which you realize your life is in shambles.  Everything looks great on the outside. There is no sign of distress.  But, inwardly you are gnawing, scratching, screaming desperately to get out of the box of your existence.

There is sometimes a blowout moment where everything erupts, but for many it is the years of quiet despair that finally break us.

In my early thirties, there was my life, and the life of my dreams, and they were not one in the same.  I was self medicating with media as I tried to escape the numbing boredom of the daily grind.  I felt really low on potential.  Like I was adrift in a sea of nothingness.

Something happened about the time I was thirty-three years old.  I discovered minimalism.  Gently at first, I started making adjustments to my home and my calendar.  Later, I would get more aggressive with saying "no" to unwanted stuff and commitments.

In time, my dream life and my life were one in the same.  My expectations were manageable and were being fulfilled through my short, medium, and long term goals.  I was living intentionally, and it was freaking awesome.


Comments

  1. Well, that is amazing you’ve been freed of that nothingness life and are living intentionally! I’m trying to figure how you’ve accomplished that exactly seemingly in a short amount of time. I guess that’s not fair, I’m sure you struggled with it for a long, long time.
    So exciting to hear someone has actually conquered their life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts