Birthing Simple Fly Life

Starting down a new road is never easy.

If you have never been down a certain path, it can be scary to start a new adventure.  All the what-if's loom menacingly, ready to pounce upon your new ambition and dream.

It is worth it to go eyeball-to-eyeball with your fears and face them.  When you are more afraid of what you will become if you don't pursue your dream, than if you pursued and wind up failing, you are ready to unleash power and creativity into your life.

In January, 2018, I came up with the idea to form a business that functioned in the heart of a ministry.  It was to be called Simple Fly Life.  There was no one doing what I wanted to be doing, and no one to tell me if I was doing it right.

I spent 2018 "preparing my table" for my business to launch.  I authored my fourth book, and published it in December of that same year.  I prayed and worked a lot that year toward making a creative piece to go with the services I planned to offer.

This came from an undeniable want to share the good news of minimalism with God's children.  What if Christians were out of debt?  What if missionaries could fund themselves?  What if people could manage to give out of their resources (money, time, and presence) on a grander scale than those drowning in debt and being swallowed by chaos in their homes, contributing to despair?

I want the Church to live differently than the culture around them.  I don't want my brothers and sisters to be slaves to creditors, or eaten up with the greed that permeates American culture in general.  We can have good things without excess.  We can live differently, and better, than those ensnared in consumerism.

Simple Fly Life is born to be an instrument of the Church.  Not the collections of buildings and dogmas, but the children God has fathered through the mystery of Jesus Christ and his death, burial, and resurrection, in whatever disguises they wear until at the end of time when we will all be revealed as we are.

Minimalism revolutionized my life.  On the day I "went to work" for myself, I realized that I was literally living my dream.  My dream life is coming to life.  I want you to be able to share that (holy?) feeling with me as your dream life comes to life.

Come with me, and simplify.

Comments

Popular Posts