People Ahead


As we prepare to go back toward a normalcy, there are many things I am looking forward to as society reopens.

First and foremost, I look forward to being able to see my parents.  I have not hugged them in over a month.  That is a very long time, indeed.  It will be great to be able to express my love to them in a bear hug (because that is what is coming to them, a big, long and awkward bear hug).

Secondly, I am looking forward to seeing my friends in person.  Laughter is not the same over a Zoom call.  Nor are the subtitles of a conversation as easy to pick out on FaceTime.  It will be great to share a cup of tea or coffee together.

Also, I am looking forward to connecting with business associates and clients.  I have missed my peeps!  I am eager to get back to adding value with my coaching, enjoying seeing their a-ha moments, and encouraging them by giving a well-deserved high-five for conquering a closet or garage.

I must say, I have enjoyed the increase in civility among citizens of my city.  As COVID descended, there were more smiles and waves and an occasional "how are you, today?" coming from strangers that would be encountered on walks and outings.  I loved that people were engaging more, talking more, smiling more, and being friendly and courteous.  I hope that continues and does not fade into distant memory.

May we not forget that we were humanity, united.  May we not forget that politics, religion, race, and socioeconomic status took a backseat when we were confronted with our common enemy.  We acted together to flatten the curve.  No matter what is said of Generation X, Y, Boomers, and Millennials, we came together and made a difference.

People matter.

Comments

Popular Posts